Thursday, June 12, 2014

Credenza before and after

This is my very officey credenza. It's actually a nice piece from a Herman Miller, but it just doesn't fit well in our home in size or in style. 

I do love its features, though, like the huge file drawer and the tiny side drawers. Most of all, I love the pull out shelf between the top and the shallow drawer. It is the perfect place to put my Silhouette Cameo when I use it. 




I took it apart and ended up with a steel base that I can use to build a cool bench for Jake and a much better size credenza. 





I filled in all of the holes from the hardware and sanded it smooth  After primer and a few coats of white paint, I added new drawer pulls from Home Depot.   The little drawers looked like library catalog drawers and found similar hardware at dlawlesshardware.com. 4 casters later, and I looove the results!







No comments:

Post a Comment